Top 7 Best Refrigerators in India 2020 – Buyer’s Guide & Reviews
Confused while choosing a refrigerator for your home? This in-depth review of the Best Refrigerators in India will help you make the right decision.
In the modern world, every family wishes to have a refrigerator or fridge in one’s home. In the present time market is full of many brands. Before buying a fridge take a close look at the feature contained in the fridge.
We should not get influenced by advertising and endorsements rather we should focus on inbuilt quality and cost. We should give importance to the user-friendly approach then brand value. Now I offer you a list of Best Refrigerators in India 2020.
A refrigerator is a specially designed appliance that allows the food to be cool and avoid spoiling the food. It is commonly known as a fridge. For your food to store the ideal temperature is 3 degrees Celsius to 5 degrees Celsius. Also, some fridge comes with a special compartment called freezer that maintains the temperature below the water freezing point.
Best Refrigerator in India 2020
1. LG 190 L 4 Star (2019) Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator(GL-B201ASDX.ASDZEBN)
LG is one of the most reputed manufacturers of Refrigerators. This single door 190-liter refrigerator is a masterpiece. On the 1st position on our list of Top 10 Best Refrigerators in India comes this LG Refrigerators.
The South Korean multinational company was founded in 1958. Home entertainment, mobile communications, home appliances, and air solutions, vehicle components are their business units.
Their products include mobiles, monitors, washing machines, microwave ovens, and much more. All their products maintain high-quality.
- Toughened glass shelves capable of holding up to 175 kg weight.
- The anti-bacterial gasket keeps away bacteria, mold, and fungal formation inside the refrigerator.
- Smart Inverter Compressor: saves energy. Adjusts temperature according to the load.
- Fast Ice Making: exclusive feature. It can make ice cubes in just 108 minutes.
- Base Stand with a Drawer: the base slides like a drawer. You can use it to store onions, potatoes, etc.
- Smart Connect: it can work even in power cuts by connecting home inverter power.
- Capacity: 190 liters and 12.2 liters vegetable baskets.
- Four Star Energy Rating.
- Compressor: Smart Inverter Compressor.
- Warranty: on product 1-year warranty and on compressor 10 years.
- Smart Inverter compressor
- 4 Star BEE ratings
- Powerful in-built stabilizer
- Base stand with a drawer
- Smart connect to home inverter during power cuts
- Noise-free for a peaceful sleep at night.
- worth for money.
- There are no legs at the back of the fridge
- Sometimes water seeps through while defrosting.
2. Samsung 192 L Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
On the 2nd positions on our list of Top 10 Best Refrigerators in India comes this Samsung Refrigerators. Samsung never compromises with quality. This refrigerator is no different.
Everything is good about this refrigerator. It is small but spacious, efficient at cooling also looks sleek and stylish. The only disappointing thing is the high energy consumption.
- Capacity: 192 liters and optimized sized for best single door refrigerator.
- The Crown Design is Innovative that adds great charm.
- The toughened glass shelves can withstand loads up to 150 kg thereby allowing you a great deal of flexibility.
- The capability of high voltage fluctuations.
- Warranty: On product 1 year and on compressor 4 years of warranty.
- Annual Power Consumption: High Around 300 units per year.
- Toughened glass shelf
- Child lock facility available
- 2-star rating
- Compressor has a 4-year warranty
3. Whirlpool 190 L 3 Star ( 2019 ) Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
On the 3rd position on our list of Top 10 Best Refrigerators in India comes this Whirlpool Refrigerators.
Whirlpool Known to be one of the best refrigerators in India, this Whirlpool product comes with a capacity of 190 liters. Therefore, if your family has 2 to 3 members, then this model would be ideal for you. Also, as this model comes with an in-built stabilizer, you would not have to buy anything else.
This Whirlpool elegant blue refrigerator is a modernized version of many’s favorites. It’s stabilizer-free so it is reliable on occasions of voltage fluctuations. It also has 9-hour cooling retention should the power cuts off. It’s a refrigerator integrated with technology built for an Indian household.
It also comes with a removable anti-bacterial gasket perfect for sophisticated housekeepers that always want their fridge perfectly germ free. The shelves of this model are a wired type shelf. It received a 3-star rating and is recommended.
- Capacity: 190 liters and optimized sized for best single door refrigerator.
- The reciprocatory compressor enables optimum performance and ensures savings in power consumption.
- Able to store a lot of fruits and vegetables in addition to your normal food items.
- This model also comes with a highly-efficient defrosting mechanism, which is quite easy to use.
- Warranty: On the Main product 1 year and on compressor 5 years of warranty.
- Ample storage space
- It is quite energy efficient
- Offers nine hours of cooling retention
- Defrosting the refrigerator is quite easy
- Does not require an extra stabilizer
- Comes with a 1-year warranty on the product
- It is somewhat noisy
- Backside is open
- Does not come with a stand
4. LG 260 L 4 Star Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator (GL-I292RPZL, Shinny Steel)
On the 4th positions on our list of Top 10 Best Refrigerators in India comes this LG Refrigerators.LG 260 L 4 Star Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator (GL-I292RPZL, Shiny Steel) is a classy steel material coated refrigerator of LG and is very common because of its best after-sale services. Its performance and power will surely satisfy you in keeping your ingredients in quality.
- Refrigerator Capacity: 260 liters of large capacity. It can suffice a family with 5-6 people.
- Freezer Type: It’s a Frost-free refrigerator.
- Annual Power Consumption: Low.
- It consumes only 194 units per year: This is amazing compared to its large capacity.
- Number of Doors: It is a double door refrigerator; means a separate freezer box and fridge.
- Auto smart Connect:- seamless operation even on power cuts.
- Ice-beam Cooling:- maintains even temperature throughout the refrigerator.
- Moist Balance Crisper:- maintains optimum moisture level inside the vegetable box.
- Multi-air-flow Cooling:- multiple air-vents circulates cool air in all directions.
- Humidity Controller:- lowers the humidity levels inside the refrigerator and ensures faster cooling.
- Warranty and services come with1 year of warranty on the product and 10 years on the Inverter Compressor motor
- Smart Inverter Compressor
- Moist Balance Crisper
- Operations are Silent
- Most energy efficient-4 BEE star rating
- Auto Smart Connect and Ice Beam Cooling
- Stabilizer Free Operation
- BEE Ratings: 4 stars.
- Smart Diagnosis Feature with Auto Smart Connect
- Inverter Technology saves on your monthly electricity bills
- Frequent Maintenance is Required
- The freezer compartment has no lighting
- Shelves are not removable or adjustable in height.
5. Haier 195 L 5 Star Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
On the 5th position on our list of Top 10 Best Refrigerators in India comes this Haier Refrigerators. Haier 195 L 4 Star Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator (1954BS-R, Brushed Silver) is a perfect refrigerator with a capacity of about 195L. It can reach up to 240 voltage and it is energy efficient.
It also features direct cooling as its defrost system. The refrigerator comes with a year’s assurance in the form of warranty. Haier is a reputed brand for its design and durability and therefore is a bestselling product online.
- The capacity of refrigerator 195 liters
- Type of Defrost: Direct Cool freezer
- Annual Energy Consumption is very Very low
- Stabilizer in-built stabilizer. It can handle a wide range of voltage fluctuations from 135 to 290 Volts.
- Inverter Compressor Motor: it has an inverter compressor motor. These motors are expensive and can save energy by 50%. Only the best single door refrigerators come with an inverter compressor.
- 1-hour Icing Technology: It makes ice cubes within 60 minutes. Long condenser coils and PFU insulation keeps the cool air sealed inside and makes ice faster.
- Anti Fungal Gasket: the gasket is removable. You can take it out and wash it to prevent any fungal growth and odor formation.
- Bigger Freezer: store ice creams bars, yogurts, and desserts.
- lock the freezer and keep it out of the touch from kids
- It comes with a 1-year warranty on the product and 10 years on the compressor motor
- Door Lock
- Toughened Glass
- 5-star energy ratings
- Stabilizer free operations
- 1-hour quick icing
- Affordable refrigerator
- BEE Ratings: 5 stars
- 1 Hour Icing Technology
- Stabilizer Free Operation
- Inverter Compressor refrigerator
- Sleek and Easy Clean body design
- Manual defrost
- Small capacity: Only for a couple or small family
6. Whirlpool 265 L 3 Star Inverter Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator
On the 6th position on our list of Top 10 Best Refrigerators in India comes this Whirlpool Refrigerators. Whirlpool introduces this triple door refrigerator with some of the best features available in its segment. The best aspect of this fridge is that it provides high-quality cooling while ascertaining the maximum power savings concurrently.
- Refrigerator Capacity: with 265 liters of capacity it is best for a family with 4-5 members.
- Intelligence Inverter Technology: adjusts the motor seeps depending on the load, weather change, and usage pattern. This is why it is so efficient at saving energy.
- Digital Control and Auto-connect to Home Inverter.
- The stabilizer can handle voltage fluctuations from 160 volts to up to 300 volts. However, if fluctuations are rapid it’s better to use a separate stabilizer
- Annual Power Consumption: Low. It consumes only 190 units in one year. This is the lowest on the list. Thereby it becomes the most energy-efficient refrigerator on the list.
- Zeolite Technology: prevents the over-ripening of fruits and vegetables. It can keep them fresh for up to 15 days.
- Macroblock Technology: blocks 99% of microbial growth keeps foods healthy and fresh.
- Freezer Type: It’s a Frost-free and convertible refrigerator. This means you can turn the freezer into a fridge on times when you run out of space.
- Fresh Flow Air tower: strategically placed air vents let out cool air in every shelf.
- 1-year warranty on the product and 10 years on the motor.
- Convertible refrigerator
- Digital display and control
- Consumes only 190 units per year
- Zeolite technology prevents the over-ripening of fruits
- Best looking refrigerator
- Expensive than others
- Ordinary yellow bulb inside the fridge
7. Haier 320 L 2 Star Inverter Frost-Free Double Door Refrigerator
On the 7th position on our list of Top 10 Best Refrigerators in India comes this Haier Refrigerators. This refrigerator from Haier definitely is one of the most affordable options available.
An eminent feature that makes it different from the other refrigerators is the facile access it offers as the freezer is at the bottom—making it one of the best options for vegetarians and families with elder members, who do not utilize freezer extensively.
Bottom Freezer with the freezer mounted at the bottom it abbreviates bending up to 90%. This is a great solution for every person with impotent bones and knees.
- Freezer Type: It’s a Frost-free refrigerator
- Annual Power Consumption: Very High. It is around 400 units per year.
- No of Doors– Double door refrigerator with a bottom freezer.
- 2-times Bigger Vegetable Box sores double amount of vegetables and fruits
- 360 Degree Cooling it sends cold air across the fridge which bounces back in all directions.
- Power Cut Backup the cool pad inside the refrigerator saves the chillness for 10 hours in case of a power cut.
- Big Freezer Compartment86 liters capacity freezer can store weakly meat, fish, a bunch of ice-creams, desserts, etc.
- Refrigerator Capacity: It comes with a huge 320 liters of capacity. It works best for a family of 4-6 members.
- 1-hour Icing Technology- it can bring down the freezer temperature -5 degrees. Makes ice and freezes ice-creams/desserts in just 1 hour.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty on the product and 10 years on the compressor
- Frost Free
- Double Door
- Auto defrost to stop ice-build up
- 1-Hour Icing Technology
- 360 Degree Cooling
- Twin Twist Ice Tray
- Stabilizer Free Operation
- Top LED and Toughened Glass (interior)
- High power consumption
- Few service centers in rural areas
Best Refrigerator Brands in India
There are various brands with various specifications manufacturing refrigerators and each has got its own reputation over the customers and therefore we have chosen the best refrigerator brands among them for you.
Type Of Refrigerator
It is a large appliance and hence it is obvious to do proper research. We have brought down the list of the best refrigerators for you in this post which you can purchase online.
1. Single Door Refrigerators
Additionally kenned as direct cooling refrigerators because they run on direct cool technology. These refrigerators come with capacity up to 300 Liters only (not more than this). So, they are impeccable for bachelors and diminutive families. Compared to other types of refrigerators with the same capacity, it consumes 30 – 40% less energy.
The disadvantage with the single door refrigerator is that they are not frost-free. Frozen dihydrogen monoxide inclines to accumulate in the freezer and the abstraction of frozen dihydrogen monoxide is manual. For this, you have to press the defrost button, wait for the frozen dihydrogen monoxide to melt, and once melted throw of the dihydrogen monoxide that is amassed in the chiller.
2. Double Door Refrigerator
It has two compartments one is the smaller freezer compartment and the other is the big fridge compartment. The freezer box is independent and is generally frost-free. There is a distinct heating element that prevents the formation of the frost. The location of the freezer can be on the top or the bottom.
These fridges are very popular among people. Available in capacities over 240 liters, they can cater to various requirements. Naturally, they consume more electricity than the single door models. However, the efficiency levels are greater.
Based on the freezer compartment location, double doors are further divided into two categories – Top mount and bottom mount.
a. Top mount refrigerator
As the name implies, the freezer compartment is located in the top part of the refrigerator. This is the most commonly available and purchased model.
b. Bottom mount refrigerator
In this type, the freezer is present at the bottom part of the refrigerator. As many of us use refrigeration units more than the freezer – this type is the most user-friendly one. However, they consume more power than the other type.
3. Multi Door Refrigerators or Side by Side Refrigerators
Biggest advantage of this type is more space and flexible options than others. They come in larger capacities (500 L – 900L) which makes them suitable for large families.
Some advanced models also come with special features like water dispenser, ice dispenser – this option provides access to ice or chilled water without opening the refrigerator.
In the triple refrigerator, you get three doors. One is the freezer, one is main fridge unit, and third is the deep freezer. They are generally meant for people who have lot of frozen food to store. They are not much prevalent in India.
Read Also:- Clutch Function and Types
Refrigerators Buying Guide
The refrigerator is a high investment and for sure a necessary for every home, you cannot simply pick anyone from the market. You need to aware of the latest technologies and features that different brands are offering to choose the best one. we have jotted down a list of factors that are must for a refrigerator. You can go through them and compile a list of things that you want in your Best Refrigerators in India comes this LG Refrigerators.
1. Inverter technology
The inverter technology allows the compressor to work consistently at different speeds and deliver the necessary output depending on the cooling load.At stable temperatures, the electricity saving is definitely more in the range of 20 to 40%.
The inverter innovation works on the basic standards of optimizing the control of the compressor unit. Within the ordinary units, the compressor interchanges between the on and off position at standard interims at one single speed expending a much higher power. But within the inverter innovation, the compressor works reliably at diverse speeds devouring lesser power.
2. Budget Friendly
It is a large appliance and costs around 10000-30000 depending upon the cavity space as well as the features inbuilt within the machine. The price is a big factor to decide which machine to opt for.
3. Cool Pack
During power outages, the Cool Pack feature in the freezer comes to the rescue. It contains a cooling gel that ensures cool air is circulated within the refrigerator even during long periods of power cuts.
The first step when it comes to choosing a refrigerator is deciding what should be its capacity. It depends on a large extent to the family size and your eating habits. The general guideline is that
|Suitable For||Type of Refrigerator||Capacity||Price Range|
|Bachelor||Single||150 to 200 Litres||10K to15K|
|Couples or family with 1-2 members||Single||200 to 250 Litres||13K to 20K|
|Small families with 3-4 members||Double Door||200 to 350 Litres||20K to 25K|
|Medium Families||Double or Triple Door||280 to 350 Litres||25K to 35K|
|Larger families with more than 5 members||French or side-by-side||More than 400 Litres||45K to1 lakh|
Definitely size is a very important factor that has to be taken care of while buying a refrigerator, especially for modular kitchen. After all, the last thing you want is lack of space in the kitchen to fit in a refrigerator.
Before buying a refrigerator, consider its dimensions.
- Does it fit through your front door?
- Will it take too much space in your kitchen?
- Does it fit through the reserved space meant for installation?
- Will it store enough food for you until the next time you buy groceries?
6. Temperature Controls
Choose a refrigerator that comes with two separate temperature controls for food compartment and freezer individually. With single control, these two section may not function to their fullest potential.
7. Environmentally friendly refrigerators
The most common refrigerant in use is CFC. However, this refrigerant is not environmentally friendly. Some of the best alternatives in use are the R134a and the R600a. Due to global warming issues, most of the manufacturers are turning towards developing appliances with eco-friendly features. Following the same, some brands have included R-134 or R600A as an alternative for CFC refrigerant.
Durability of the appliance as no one wishes to buy a large appliance again and again after a major breakdown. There are many brands that offer a year or two’s warranty and it proves to be an added advantage for the buyer.
Warranty represents a product’s quality and durability. A refrigerator with a long duration of warranty ensures it will work efficiently without any hassles until that specified time. High-end models offer warranty ranging from 5-10 years on the product and compressor as well. And the basic models provide limited warranty services. That’s why a warranty on the refrigerator is also important.
Frequently Asked Question?
1. Which refrigerator brand is best in India?
Some of the well-known brands providing efficient refrigerators in India are Samsung, LG, Godrej, Whirlpool, BPL, and Haier.
2. How do I stop my fridge from making noise?
Prefer cleaning the coils of the fridge as when the coil gets dusty they overwork and make noise. If it does not stop call a technician.
3. How long does a refrigerator last?
Most of high-end refrigerators have lifespan of 18 –20 years while some of them will last for 12 –13 years. However, cheaper models will last for not more than 1-years. However, this range may increase or decrease depending on the maintenance and care taken.
4. Which is the best refrigerator thermometer?
The price range of refrigerator thermometers varies from Rs. 150 to Rs. 500. Some of the best products are R-tek, Aptechdeals, MCP and HTC-1.
5. What is the best temperature in refrigerator?
The best temperature of a refrigerator is 40° F or above. Freezer temperature has to be 0° F or below. Check the temperature once in a while to make sure the temperatures are maintained properly.
6. Should I buy the Refrigerator online ?
If you have the same question, then don’t worry because it is completely safe to buy refrigerator online. There are many benefits of buying the refrigerator online – discounts, old item exchange, no need to bargain with salesmen who try to dupe you and so on.
We know You have to put your hard-earned money, to buy a necessity for your home. A little bit of research is always advisable before selecting any refrigerator from our list of Top 10 Best Refrigerators in India.
Single door refrigerators are good for a small family. But nowadays people are more inclined towards double door refrigerators. These are mainly because of two reasons firstly, because they look very modern and stylish and 2nd they have larger capacities. Our suggestion is to go for a double door refrigerator if you don’t have budget issues. Our list of Top 10 Best Refrigerators in India comes to this LG Refrigerators.
Another thing is to go with a higher number of BEE star ratings. They cost higher initially but at the end of a year, you will be saving a lot more than what you have spent
If you have any queries regarding the selection of the best refrigerator in India, post them in the comments section below and I’ll try to answer them.
- Best Air Conditioners in India (2020) – AC Buying Guide & Reviews(1.5 Ton)
- 10 Best Air Cooler in India 2020 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
- Best Washing Machines in India (2020) – Buyer’s Guide
- 10 Best Water Purifier In India – Reviews: Buying Guide
- Top 10 Best Air purifiers in India 2020 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide